Procedures, tools and guidance
Work health and safety (WHS) procedures, associated tools (forms, checklists, templates) and guidance materials support workers and managers in managing risks and fulfilling their WHS responsibilities.
WHS procedures set out the processes for specific work activities. For other resources related to these procedures go to Health and safety topics.
- Asbestos PN066P25 (PDF, 4.06Mb)
- Bitumen (PN066P21 (PDF, 1.18Mb)
- Communicable disease (PN066P22 (PDF, 139Kb)
- Confined spaces (PN066P15) (PDF, 247Kb)
- Consultation (PN066P01) (PDF, 417Kb)
- Drugs and alcohol (PN066P31) (PDF, 170Kb
- Excavation (PN066P12) (PDF, 235Kb)
- Extreme environmental conditions (PN066P09) (PDF, 215Kb)
- Fatigue (PN066P04) (PDF, 246Kb)
- First aid (PN066P06) (PDF, 313Kb)
- Hazardous chemicals (PN066P17) (PDF, 235Kb)
- Hazardous manual tasks (PN066P23) (PDF, 395Kb)
- Health monitoring (PN066P24) (PDF, 168Kb)
- Heavy Vehicle operations - chain of responsibility (PN066P32) (PDF, 383Kb)
- Injury management and return to work (PN066P05) (PDF, 297Kb)
- Noise (PN066P08) (PDF, 162Kb)
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) (PN066P19) (PDF, 167Kb)
- Plant operator training and assessment (PN066P14) PDF, 185Kb)
- Post-traumatic event management (PN066P18) PDF, 121Kb)
- Radiation emitting devices (PN066P07) (PDF, 291Kb)
- Remote or isolated work (PN066P10) (PDF, 107Kb)
- Risk management (PN066P02) (PDF, 363Kb)
- Safe driving (PN066P13) (PDF, 162Kb)
- Safe work method statements (SWMS) (PN066P11) (PDF, 246Kb)
- Safety hazard and incident management (PN066P41)
- Smoke-free workplaces (PN066P20) (PDF, 119Kb)
- WHS consultation (PN066P01) (PDF, 417Kb)
- WHS risk management (PN066P02) (PDF, 363Kb)
- Working at heights (PN066P03) (PDF, 223Kb)
- Working near utilities (PN066P16) (PDF, 426Kb)
Guidance materials provide practical guidance and reflect best practice in relation to a specific subject, without being prescriptive.
- Guide to interpretation of Principal Contractor and Roads and Maritime Services' obligations under the WHS Act 2011.
- SFAIRP determination guide
Tools are practical tools to help users carry out specific tasks.
- Self-assessment tool for industry partners (MS-Word,218Kb - right click and choose "Save as")
- SFAIRP determination template
- WHS risk register template
WHS forms and checklists
WHS forms and checklists are available on the eForms portal.