Roads and Maritime WHS governance arrangements establish clear expectations around responsibilities and accountabilities, sound decision making processes and how WHS information is communicated.
Leadership, due diligence, accountability, decision-making and oversight, are key principles of WHS governance, enabling realisation of the following benefits:
- Enhanced organisational safety performance
- Effective WHS risk management
- Demonstrated compliance with, and discharge of, legal obligations
- Benchmarking of accountability and other safety performance measures
- Demonstrated safety leadership and ethical behaviour
- Strengthened relationships with industry partners, stakeholders and the community
Enhanced safety reputation as a result of transparency and accountability.