Rest areas are available for motorists travelling on the F3, including commercial rest stops where petrol is available.
- Berowra, take the Pacific Highway exit – toilets are available at this rest area.
- Mooney Mooney – there are toilets, an emergency phone, picnic tables and litter bins at this rest area.
- Palmdale – there are toilets, picnic tables, access to water, a playground and litter bins at this rest area.
- North of Tuggerah – there are commercial rest stops for motorists travelling in either direction with petrol, food outlets, toilets and other amenities.
- John Renshaw Drive – at the northern end of the F3. The commercial rest stop is located 100m east of the roundabout. There are food outlets, toilets, petrol and other amenities.
Rest stops are signposted from the F3 so please follow the signs.
Emergency food and water
In the event of a major incident some motorists may be required to remain in their vehicles for extended periods. The welfare of these motorists will be monitored and support may be coordinated using existing emergency management arrangements.
Roads and Maritime Services, together with the NRMA and a range of government agencies, are working to ensure water is distributed to motorists, where appropriate.
It is strongly recommended that motorists carry food and water on all journeys of more than one hour, especially if children are travelling, in case there are delays due to breakdown, crashes or extreme weather conditions.