Access to Roads and Maritime Services data
Roads and Maritime Services regularly receives requests for licensing, registration and accreditation data about vehicles, road users and scheme participants (including taxis, buses, private hire cars, authorised inspection stations and tow trucks).
This page outlines how to make a data request, who to contact and links to the relevant forms.
How to request data
- Check whether the information you are seeking is already available in the Statistics section on this website.
- If not, request access in writing, including a description of the nature and scope of the request; the purpose for the request under the 'terms of your request', including:
- What the data will be used for
- Who the data will be provided to
- Enclose the $30 application fee.
- Submit the completed Access Application form:
- You will receive a confirmation notification via post which will include timeframes for processing your request. We will process your request within 20 working days of receipt of the application (subject to any suspension or extension of the time for deciding an application).
- Roads and Maritime may seek clarification from you on your request if required.
- Roads and Maritime is bound by privacy requirements and may not be able to provide you with the information you have requested where it breaches these requirements.
- If your request relates to the ongoing provision of data a Memorandum of Understanding may need to be developed.