Electrical Designer in Training
The Electrical Designer in Training program is available to people looking for a career in preparing Electrical Designs for Traffic signals and Lighting projects while at the same time studying towards an Electrical Engineering degree. Trainees will be working on challenging road and infrastructure projects in NSW.
About the program
The Electrical Designer in Training Program is offered by Roads and Maritime in conjunction with Western Sydney University, The College.
What the program offers
- Full-time work and salary while you study
- University fees paid in full and a book allowance for your university studies
- Study leave and exam leave
- On the job training with development opportunities through internal and external training courses
- Placement in electrical design related disciplines
- Practical experience while you study
- Opportunity to apply for a full-time position at Roads and Maritime once you graduate.
To apply for the program, you must:
- Have completed your HSC
- Be proficient in Maths, Physics and Engineering Studies
- Be eligible to enrol for an Associate Degree in Engineering (Electrical) with Western Sydney University, The College.
When considering applications we look for:
- Motivated individuals
- Team players
- Potential leaders
- People with good communication skills.
How to apply
Check for advertised positions on iworkfornsw.nsw.
For more information, please contact RDITcoordinator@rms.nsw.gov.au.