Laboratory Officer in Training
The Laboratory Officer in Training program is an important two year program that seeks to provide training and employment pathways for young talent in the pavements and geotechnical field. The Laboratory Officer in Training program is available to candidates interested in a career as a Laboratory Technician in the road construction industry while simultaneously completing an online Certificate IV in Laboratory Testing.
About the program
The program offers on-the-job laboratory experience coupled with academic study. The participants undertake training in laboratory methods including collecting of stockpile samples, testing and calculations. The trainees also complete the Certificate IV in Laboratory Testing through TAFE (Hunter).
What the program offers
- Full-time work and salary while you study
- Tuition from TAFE with fees paid in full by RMS
- Study leave and exam leave
- On the job training with development opportunities through internal and external training courses
- Opportunity to learn “hands-on” skills
- Nationally accepted lifetime qualification on successful completion
- Flexible work and study arrangements
- Opportunity to apply for a full-time position at Roads and Maritime once you graduate.
To apply for the program, you must have:
- HSC completion (Year 12) or equivalent
- Good level of proficiency in English, Mathematics and Science
- Eligibility to meet the requirements to enrol in the Certificate IV in Laboratory Testing through TAFE (Hunter).
When considering applications, we look for:
- Motivated individuals
- Team players
- Potential leaders
- People with good communication skills.
How to apply
Check for advertised positions between September and November in local dailies and iworkfornsw.nsw website https://iworkfor.nsw.gov.au/
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org