1.1 Our Corporate Plan
Roads and Maritime Services exists to make New South Wales a better place to live. A place where people are connected to each other and to economic opportunity. A place known for its vibrant, liveable communities. A place where people and goods can move safely and efficiently on the road and maritime networks.
We do this as part of the NSW Transport cluster – planning, developing, investing in and managing an integrated transport system. Our investment in transport infrastructure shapes the future of our cities, centres and regions, as well as supporting continued strong growth in NSW.
The kind of organisation we want to be is:
- Focussed on our core services
- Delivering what customers value in the cities and in the regions
- A sophisticated manager of the road and maritime networks
- Safe – safer communities and a safer workplace
- Respectful of our community and the environment
- Always delivering on our commitments
- Working together with industry to innovate.
1.2 Our customers and our commitment to delivering value
Our customers are the people and businesses that directly benefit from our road and maritime networks and services. Each day the road and maritime networks in NSW enable millions of customer journeys and the transport of goods, supporting a productive economy.
To provide the best possible level of service to our customers, we are committed to delivering the maximum level of value for every dollar invested. Delivering customer value requires us to excel in three key areas which are integral to all our activities:
- Understanding what is important to our customers
- Prioritising investment based on what is important to our customers
- Delivering in the most cost effective manner the transport of goods, supporting a productive economy.
Heavy vehicle operators
Recreational waterway users
Commercial waterway users
Public transport users
1.3 Our activity
We manage and maintain:
We regulate and provide services to:
Each year, we engage with our customers by:
Where we are
- Roads and Maritime Offices
- Regional Depots
- Heavy Vehicle Inspection Centres
- Maritime Offices and Depots
- Heavy Vehicle Safety Stations