$206 million for Illawarra in State Roads Budget
18 June 2013
$206 million for Illawarra in 2013-2014 State Roads Budget
Minister for Roads and Ports Duncan Gay today announced the 2013-2014 Budget invests $206 million to improve and maintain roads in the Illawarra.
Mr Gay said the funding represents a $43 million increase on last year’s allocation.
“The Illawarra is a vital region and this commitment will ensure we provide essential infrastructure to support its continuing growth,” Minister Gay.
“Importantly, the NSW Government is getting on with the job of delivering the Gerringong to Bomaderry Princes Highway upgrade – this is something Labor announced in 2006, but failed to deliver a single inch of road.
“This year $115 million has been allocated to continue work on the Princes Highway Gerringong upgrade between Mount Pleasant and Toolijooa Road,” Minister Gay said.
Princes Highway projects include:
- $19m to progress planning and preconstruction activities and award a design and construct contract for the Princes Highway, Foxground and Berry bypass
- $18m to complete the upgrade of the Princes Highway at South Nowra between Kinghorne Street and Forest Road
- $2 million to continue planning on the Dignams Creek realignment
- $4m to progress planning for additional climbing lanes on the Princes Motorway (Mount Ousley Road)
- $3m to progress planning for the upgrade of the Princes Highway between Berry and Bomaderry
- $1.5m to start work on a pedestrian bridge over the Princes Highway at Heathcote shopping centre (election commitment)
- $1.4m to resurface the road on Princes Highway from Darangan Close to Camp Coutts at Waterfall
- $1.26m to rebuild the road on Princes Highway at various locations
- $1m to progress planning for the upgrade of the Princes Highway at Albion Park Rail
- $860,000 to upgrade the bridge over Shoalhaven River on Princes Highway southbound at Nowra
- $450,000 to repair the bridge over Shoalhaven River on Princes Highway southbound at Nowra
Other highlights include:
- $7.79m to install a new heavy vehicle rest area, Mt Ousley Road (State and Federally funded)
- $4.3m in grants to councils for Regional Roads
- $827,000 to rebuild the road on Lawrence Hargrave Drive at various locations
- $800,000 to rebuild the road on Mt Ousley Road at various locations
$820,000 to improve shoulders on Gerroa Road between Bolong Road and Beach Road, Berry
- $700,000 to replace the culvert on Lawrence Hargrave Drive at Gills Gully at Helensburgh
- $700,000 for road rebuilding on Kangaroo Valley Road from Hampden Bridge to Cavan Road
- $700,000 for road rebuilding on Lady Wakehurst Drive in The Royal National Park
- $729,000 to improve delineation and provide non-skid surface on Bolong Road near Back Forest Road, Bolong
- $600,000 to repair Kanahooka Road bridge abutments on Southern Freeway at Dapto
- $405,000 to install raised deflective median, guideposts and curve markers on Farnell Avenue in Royal National Park.
Media: Marie Scoutas 0467 739 976 or Lance Northey 0467 743 192
View the media release: $206 million for Illawarra in 2013-2014 State Roads Budget