Budget delivers for Southern NSW
20 June 2017
The Liberal & Nationals Government continues to deliver for the communities of Southern NSW with even more investment into schools, hospitals and roads as a part of the 2017-18 Budget.
Key highlights from the 2017-18 Budget include:
- $24.4 million to start construction of the Ellerton Drive extension in Queanbeyan
- $23.5 million in 2017-18 to continue construction for the realignment of the Princes Highway at Dignams Creek
- $22.8 million in 2017-18 to for upgrades to Gocup Road between Tumut and Gundagai
- $135.5 million in 2017-18 of a $216.7 million project to deliver an additional 480 beds at Junee Correctional Centre
- $170 million for the third stage of Wagga Wagga Hospital Redevelopment
- $120 million for the Goulburn Hospital Redevelopment
- $30 million as a contribution for the upgrade and expansion of the emergency department at Albury Base Hospital to meet the service demand
- $10 million for the Cooma Hospital Redevelopment
- $6.1 million in 2017-18 to continue the Wagga Wagga Rural Referral Hospital Redevelopment at an estimated total cost of $269 million
- Over $730,000 to improve tracks and trails in Kosciuszko National Park
- Building and refurbishing police stations, including $6.2 million for Deniliquin, $3.3 million for Queanbeyan, and $9.9 million for the Southern Highlands
- $44 million for the planning and delivery of the Eden Wharf Extension project to develop a facility to cater for visitation of cruise ships in Eden.
Quotes attributable to Member for Murray Adrian Piccoli: “We are delivering on the ground in our local communities, with this budget committing to planning for the staged development at Griffith Base Hospital. We are also making it easier for our communities to connect with the Government, with Service NSW Centres being delivered at Hay, Leeton and Finley.”
Quotes attributable to Deputy Premier and Member for Monaro John Barilaro: “This is a Budget delivering for the community in Monaro, with investment in our roads and schools, and money for the Cooma Hospital Redevelopment. Right across the State the NSW Liberal & National Government is ensuring our regions have the best infrastructure and services.”
Quotes attributable to Member for Goulburn Pru Goward: “The community in Goulburn deserve the best in infrastructure and services – that’s why I’m proud to be part of a NSW Liberals & Nationals Government that is delivering a $120m upgrade for Goulburn Base Hospital.”
Quotes attributable to Member for Wagga Wagga Daryl Maguire: “This budget builds on the great investment in our local community. I’m very excited about the planning money committed for Tumut Hospital in this budget, as well as the $170m for the Wagga Base Hospital Redevelopment.”
Quotes attributable to Member for Albury Greg Aplin: “This budget commits more funding for the Albury Hospital Emergency Department Expansion and also will deliver funding for a new school hall at James Fallon High School.”
Quotes attributable to Member for Bega Andrew Constance: “Right across NSW this Government is investing where it’s needed most – in our regional communities. I’m pleased to announce this budget will kick off the new Batemans Bay Bridge, with planning to start on this important project.
View original media release.