Bells Line of Road strategic corridor plan published
31 October 2012
Roads and Maritime Services (RMS) has completed the Bells Line of Road Long Term Strategic Corridor Plan.
“The plan was jointly funded by the Australian and New South Wales Governments and
recommends commencing investigations in the short term to reserve a road corridor for a future link between the Bells Line of Road near Kurrajong Heights and the Sydney motorway network,” an RMS spokesperson said
“The Draft NSW Long Term Transport Master Plan released on 4 September also includes action to protect a corridor for future long term road needs between the Bells Line of Road and the Sydney motorway network.
“Corridor identification has also been recommended by Infrastructure NSW in the State Infrastructure Strategy 2012-2032, published in early October 2012.
“The comprehensive Bells Line of Road Long Term Strategic Corridor Plan considers community ideas and opinions, traffic and land use forecasts, transport and engineering factors, environmental, physical and social constraints and road safety and network issues for the short, medium and long term.
“The next step is for Transport for NSW and RMS to scope investigations into a potential corridor link between the Bells Line of Road and the Sydney motorway network. RMS will also be reviewing the existing Bells Line of Road to identify safety issues, including potential improvements such as overtaking lanes, safer intersections and better local access arrangements.
“This important road deserves careful planning and consideration and we are determined to address the ongoing function and needs of the corridor,” the spokesperson said.
The Bells Line of Road Long Term Strategic Corridor Plan is available online at www.rms.nsw.gov.au/roadprojects or a copy can be viewed at:
- Richmond Motor Registry 173 Windsor Street, Richmond
- Richmond Community Centre 20 West Market Street, Richmond
- North Richmond Community Centre 33 William Street, North Richmond
- Hawkesbury City Council 366 George Street, Windsor
- Penrith City Council 601 High St, Penrith
- Blue Mountains City Council 2-6 Civic Place, Katoomba
- Bilpin District Hall 2596 Bells Line of Road, Bilpin
- Lithgow City Council 180 Mort Street, Lithgow
- Lithgow Motor Registry Shop 51, Cnr Lithgow and Bent Streets, Lithgow
- Bathurst Motor Registry Cnr Mitchell Hway and Bradwardine Rd, Bathurst
- Orange Motor Registry Cnr Elsham Ave and Leewood Drive, Orange
- Dubbo Motor Registry 260 Macquarie Street, Dubbo
- Parkes Motor Registry 51-55 Currajong Street, Parkes
For further information or to order a mailed hard copy email the RMS Project Team at
email@example.com or call 1800 017 787.