Registration savings for primary producers across the state will continue for another 12 months up until 30 June 2021. Meaning they will continue to receive additional savings on their heavy vehicle registration costs to provide some much needed relief during the drought.
The reduced costs will be automatically applied when you make your registration payment.
You will still have to pay for Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurance, stamp duty, number plate fees and relevant safety checks when you register your heavy vehicle.
Frequently asked questions
All primary producers who register or renew a heavy vehicle from up to 30 June 2021 will receive reduced registration costs.
The reduced costs will be automatically applied, when you register your heavy vehicle.
For further information about savings on heavy vehicle registration costs call
13 22 13 during business hours. Please have your driver licence and registration details for the vehicle(s) relating to your enquiry with you.
All registration costs will be waived except the following, which you will still need to pay:
- Compulsory Third Party Insurance
- Heavy vehicle inspection fees (if applicable)
- Stamp duty (if applicable)
- Number plate fee (if applicable)
Yes. All heavy vehicles will still need to be registered and you will still need to purchase a Compulsory Third Party insurance policy and complete all necessary vehicle inspection checks. Fees for heavy vehicle inspections, stamp duty and number plate fees will still apply.
You are eligible if:
- you have completed a declaration of eligibility for a registration concession (PDF, 357Kb) and ticked primary producer (for customers who are establishing registration); and
- you are the registered operator of a heavy vehicle (>4.5 tonnes) with usage code PPG or PPGN and
- the vehicle was registered on or from 1 July 2018 to 30 June 2020 inclusive.
A primary producer's (PPG or PPNG) vehicle is a light or heavy vehicle used by a primary producer or rural co-operative principally for:
- carting primary products or goods used in a primary producer’s business or household
- carting leaves which the primary producer has gathered and from which eucalyptus or other oil is to be distilled
- purposes connected with the clearing of land to be used for primary production
These vehicles cannot be used for let or hire.
For further information about savings on heavy vehicle registration costs call 13 22 13 during business hours. Please have your driver licence and registration details for the vehicle(s) relating to your enquiry with you.
For more information see Registration Relief for farmers.