Draft documents for public review and comment
From time to time, Roads and Maritime Services releases draft technical documents for public review and comment. Documents currently out for review are listed on this page.
Technical documents to be used in relation to capturing and reporting sub surface utilities to AS 5488
- Works as executed survey feature naming styleset 1
- Works as executed survey feature naming styleset 2
- Sui attributes works as executed spreadsheet
For any queries please contact:
Preservation of Surveying Infrastructure (POSI) resource pack
The unplanned destruction of Cadastral Marks and State Control has a devastating effect on the cadastral and spatial fabric of the State. Destruction can occur through new infrastructure developments, maintenance works and utility activities. It is important that processes are in place to:
- identify and protect the marks; and
- ensure that any destruction is planned, approved and controlled, otherwise fines can occur.
To assist the process, Roads and Maritime Services Surveyors and Land and Property Information Representatives have been collaborating to develop systems to better manage the process. The following documents are an interim measure and will assist in the preservation of the cadastre and the State Control network.
- Example spreadsheet of the Survey Mark Register (OTV-TP-03-T1 draft) - UPDATED Right-click and select 'Save as...'
- Example drawing of the impact of the development on Survey Marks
- Example warning marker template for Survey Marks for construction sites Right-click and select 'Save as...'
- Bentley MicroStation title block borders (dgn in zipped file)
- Standard borders guide
- Standard borders – example
- Land and Property Information survey mark information sheet
- Surveying internal QA technical procedure (Draft OTV-TP-03)
- POSI Strategy Report Template (Draft OTV-TP-03-T2) Right-click and select 'Save as...'
- Deposited Plan of Survey Information Only (D) POSIO example - NEW
Following a recent state government restructure, the Land and Property Information Representatives are now located in the Department of Finance, Services and Innovation (DFSI) – Spatial Services Division.
It is likely that this information will be incorporated in the revision of several technical documents in the near future. If you have any queries, please contact:
Senior Surveyor – Survey Integrity
Phone: 02 8837 0449
20 December 2017