Moving to NSW

If you’ve moved to NSW, you can transfer your interstate general boat or Personal Watercraft (PWC) licence to a NSW equivalent.

To transfer your interstate licence, go to a registry or service centre in person and apply for a NSW equivalent licence.

You’ll need to provide:

  • A completed licence application form. If you’re applying for a PWC licence, you’ll also need to complete the Photo Licence Application form and provide two passport-acceptable photos.
  • Proof of your identity
  • Payment for the licence fee.

You are not required to pass the boating knowledge test, take a Boating Safety Course or provide evidence of practical boating experience, as long as your interstate licence is current or expired less than five years ago.

Share this page: