Coffs Harbour Marine Centre Precinct Project
The NSW Government is funding major improvements to the Coffs Harbour Marine Centre Precinct. This work will provide a boat maintenance and storage facility for the boating community and upgrade of the Coffs Harbour Marine Centre Marina.
Boat Maintenance and Storage Facility
The proposed improvements to the existing Coffs Harbour Boat Maintenance and Storage Facility will provide a 75 tonne travel lift and upgrades to the onshore structures located at the former slipway site on Marina Drive, Coffs Harbour.
The work includes:
- demolishing existing structures and disused services
- excavation and backfilling with engineered fill to ground level to accommodate the new lift structure
- regrading the level of the site and constructing a new concrete hardstand and services
- designing and constructing a holding pontoon, gangway and associated services
- constructing travel lift jetty support structures consisting of concrete beams on piles
- upgrading services including fire hydrants and hoses, electrical, lighting and main distribution board, hydraulic, communication, trade waste system and storage containers.
The project will deliver improved safety and efficiency in the servicing of commercial and recreational vessels by reducing the need for heavy equipment and increasing the size of vessels to be moved.
The proposed boat maintenance and storage facility will meet EPA and WHS standards, and reduce the environmental impact of cleaning and descaling vessels in the Coffs Harbour vicinity.
Subject to approvals, construction is proposed to take place between April 2021 and October 2021 with a proposed opening of the facility in January to March 2022.
Coffs Harbour Marine Centre Marina
The proposed reconstruction of the Coffs Harbour Marine Centre Berths will add five additional berths and two pens for NSW Maritime, NSW Police Marine Area Command and Department of Primary Industries (Fisheries) bringing the total number of berths to nine. The new facility will allow each agency to improve response times, critical for maritime rescue and safety work.
The proposed marina upgrade work includes:
- designing new pontoons, gangway and services
- dredging the area to accommodate additional berths
- removing ground and surface water from the existing hardstand
- demolishing the existing pontoon berths including piles
- demolishing two fixed ‘catwalk’ jetties and piles
- designing, fabricating and installing new pontoons, gangway and services
- upgrading electrical and hydraulic services to the new facilities.
Subject to approvals, construction is proposed to take place between April 2021 and October 2021 with a proposed opening of the facility in November 2021.
View or download
For more information contact the Coffs Harbour Marine Centre Precinct Project Team:
- Phone: 1800 161 188 (toll free)
- Email: email@example.com
- Mail: Coffs Harbour Marine Precinct, Transport-Maritime, Locked Bag 5100, Camperdown, NSW 1450