Boating Safety Day - 20 October 2019
Roads and Maritime is partnering with the Department of Primary Industries’ Gone Fishing NSW Day to bring you Boating Safety Day at six sites across NSW.
This free family friendly event is on 20 October, between 9am and 3pm. Boaters can enjoy a range of activities and learn from experts about safe and responsible boating.
This year’s Gone Fishing NSW Day and Boating Safety Day events will be held at:
- Botany Bay, Dolls Point, Peter Depena Reserve
- Lake Macquarie, Pelican Foreshore Reserve
- Huskisson, Voyager Park
- Ballina, Pop Denison Park
- Moree, Jellicoe Park
- Mulwala, Apex Park
For further information visit the NSW Department of Primary Industries’ website.
Activities on the day
On the day there will be the following activities:
- Interactive lifejacket activation and servicing demonstrations
- Safety equipment demonstrations
- Essential boating safety equipment talks
- Free displays and giveaways
Roads and Maritime Boating Education Officers and Boating Safety Officers will be on hand to provide important lifejacket information and advice on safe boating practices. Ask our experts on how to obtain a boat licence, registering your boat and NSW boating regulations.