Boating Education Officers (BEOs) are based in key areas across New South Wales, including metropolitan and regional areas. Their role is to work throughout the community influencing boating behaviour through education, encouragement and sound advice, to ensure awareness of, and compliance with, the relevant regulations and government safety campaigns including lifejacket wear.
This is achieved through education programs and participation at:
- Inflatable Lifejacket Self-Service Clinics
- Schools and educational institutes including Scouts and Guides
- Boating locations including boat ramps and waterways.
- Shows and special events – Including attendance at major boat shows in Sydney and Melbourne, the Sydney Royal Easter Show and smaller regional community field days and events.
- Boating-related community organisations and stakeholders including fishing, sailing, wakeboarding and water-skiing clubs and groups.
- Specialist boating and fishing retailers.
To contact your local Boating Education Officer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn how to service your inflatable lifejacket. It could save your life.
Find out about the Boating Safety Education Program conducted by Boating Education Officers for schools and educational institutes, including Scouts and Guides.