Marine safety activity book
The 32-page Water Safety – Marine Safety Activity Book features mascots Danny the Dolphin, Penny the Pelican and Sam the Shark who assist in explaining important water safety messages and information to arm children with the knowledge to help them enjoy our waterways safely.
The activity book has the tick of approval from the Marine Teachers Association of NSW as well as the Boating Industry Association of NSW.
Children work through activities to learn more about water safety, including:
- Recognition of important safety, fishing and water-related signs
- Tips on swimming between the flags at the beach
- Tips on being sun smart and remembering to ‘slip, slop and slap’
- Tips on keeping the environment free from rubbish, and what to recycle
- Pictures, descriptions, potential dangers and treatments for sea creatures that sting and bite.
To place an order for free delivery of Maritime’s summer education safety initiative, Water Safety - Marine Safety Activity Book (PDF,3MB), please contact us and include the following details:
Name of school
Contact phone number
Delivery address for school
Quantity - max 1 box (125 booklets).
Delivery within NSW is free, courtesy of Roads and Maritime Services. Deliveries interstate can be arranged but will incur a charge to cover the cost of postage/courier.