Commercial Vessels Advisory Group
The Commercial Vessels Advisory Group (CVAG) provides advice and expertise to Transport for NSW on commercial vessels matters and measures that foster a safe, responsible and competitive environment in NSW.
The Maritime Branch of Transport for NSW chairs the CVAG Membership consists of commercial vessel industry groups, community associations and regulatory agency representatives:
- Commercial vessel owners
- Commercial vessel manufacturers and distributors
- Boating Industry Association of NSW
- Charter operators, cruise operators, tourism
- NSW Department of Primary Industries - Fisheries
- Marine Rescue NSW
- Fishing - commercial
- Marina Owners and Operators
- Regulatory Agencies eg. AMSA
- Sea Plane operators
- General commercial activities (eg. Parasailing, hire and drive operators, water taxis etc.)
- Sydney Coastal Councils Group
Members of CVAG must demonstrate that they represent a particular section of the commercial vessel industry. This may be demonstrated by being the sole or peak body representing a commercial group or industry, or by having significant industry connection which demonstrates a strong representation of the commercial sector using the waterways.