V8 Supercars Newcastle 500
Newcastle is hosting the V8 Supercars race on 23 November to 25 November 2018, and the race will run adjacent to Newcastle Harbour.
Anchorage will only be permitted within the designated buoyed areas, as indicated on the harbour anchorage map.
Rules of anchoring for the event
- Anchorage areas will be available from midday Thursday 22 November and must be vacated by 9am Monday 26 November 2018
- Vessels planning to arrive and anchor in the harbour prior to this date or remain after the event, must proceed to the overflow area near Stockton.
- RMS will not be taking anchorage bookings for this event. Sites are on a first in basis.
- Securing or accessing Custom House steps or Tug Berth Four is strictly prohibited.
- Shore access during the event will be limited.
- Any vessel that is left unattended or secured to a wharf will be removed.
- This area is exposed to vessel wash, and swell surge. All vessel owners assume responsibility and anchor at their own risk.
Please note: visibility of the track may be restricted due to temporary infrastructure along the shore and anchoring location. Tidal variation will also impact viewing.