This safety improvement package also includes a corridor study for a link road between Appin Road and Menangle Road. The Link Road Corridor Study, which commenced in October 2018, will identify a route for the proposed link road. The link road would provide a key connection between Appin Road and Menangle Road and support future housing growth as part of the NSW Government’s Greater Macarthur Growth Area.
The following map shows the study area for the Link Road Corridor Study. Following feedback from the community and other stakeholders, the study area has been extended west following Menangle Road just over the Hume Motorway, and further south along the Hume Motorway.
What is happening now?
Roads and Maritime is currently carrying out desktop studies and site investigations to develop a number of possible route options within this area and identify a recommended route option to consult with the community and other stakeholders.
- Link Road corridor study underway
- Undertake preliminary studies and site investigations
- Develop possible route options - WE ARE HERE
- Identify a recommended route option between Menangle Road and Appin Road
- Consultation with the community on the recommended route option
- Announce preferred route option
- Undertake road design and environmental assessment*
- Consultation with the community on the proposed road design and environmental assessment*
- Project approval*
- Detailed design*
- Start construction*
*Subject to project funding
For more information please contact the project team:
Phone: 1800 519 505
Mail: Link Road Corridor Study, Roads and Maritime Services, PO Box 973 Parramatta CBD NSW 2124