The NSW Government is investing $76 million to upgrade Campbelltown Road, between Zouch Road and Ingleburn Gardens Drive, Bardia to improve safety and increase road capacity for future use.
SEP 2019Work continuing
Work is continuing along Campbelltown Road, between Zouch Road and Ingleburn Gardens Drive. So far we have relocated utilities, partially constructed the new westbound traffic lanes and switched traffic at Macdonald Road.
Our work over the next six months will continue:
- construction of the new eastbound traffic lanes
- utility relocation
- traffic switch at Soldiers Parade and East Town Centre Road.
Work is being carried out during standard construction hours between 7am and 6pm Mondays to Fridays and 8am and 1pm on Saturdays, weather permitting. We will notify you in advance of any work outside these standard hours.
Changed traffic conditions
Temporary traffic changes will be in place along Campbelltown Road to ensure the work zone is safe for road workers and motorists. Please follow the direction of traffic controllers and follow traffic signs. Motorists may experience minor delays due to these changed traffic conditions.
- Contractor: Burton
- Start date of construction: September 2018
- Completion due: end of 2020
- Project value: $76 million
- Funding: NSW governments Housing Acceleration Fund and Landcom
The Campbelltown Road upgrade will:
- widen Campbelltown Road from one lane each direction to two, with the potential to add a third lane if needed in the future
- improve six intersections along Campbelltown Road by upgrading or installing traffic lights
- build an off-road shared pedestrian/cyclist path
- install designated turning lanes and bicycle and pedestrian crossings at traffic lights.
- Improved safety for motorists by:
- building new intersections with traffic lights to improve traffic flow and road safety
- providing a central median to separate traffic
- providing turning lanes at intersections.
- Improved safety for cyclists and pedestrians by providing an off-road shared path
- Improved travel times
- Access to the Edmondson Park town centre from Campbelltown Road
- Improved access and travel times for road freight in Sydney’s south-west.
We have awarded the construction contract to Burton contractors Pty Ltd. Work started in September 2018 and is expected to be completed at the end of 2020.
We will continue to provide updates to the community as the project progresses.
July 2019 project notification
Night work on Campbelltown Road, Bardia from Wednesday 24 July 2019.
June 2019 project notification
Extended work hours on Campbelltown Road, Bardia from Saturday 15 June 2019.
July 2018 project notification
Start of Work - Campbelltown Road Upgrade at Bardia from Monday 9 July 2018.
For further information about this project contact:
Phone: 1800 982 142
Mail: Campbelltown Road Upgrade Project Team, Roads and Maritime Services, PO Box 973 Parramatta NSW 2124