Roads and Maritime Services is funding this project at the intersection of Bexley Road and Canterbury Road, Campsie as part of the NSW government’s $300 million Urban Roads Pinch Points Program, which aims to reduce traffic congestion and improve travel times on Sydney's busiest corridors.
NOV 2019Work continuing
Roads and Maritime Services will continue work on this project. For details of work completed and work coming up, please view or download the June 2019 project update (PDF, 515Kb).
Our day work hours will be between 7am and 6pm from Monday to Friday and 8am to 1pm Saturdays. Our night work hours will be between 8pm and 5am from Sunday to Friday. We will not be working on public holidays.
The NSW Government is funding this project at the intersection of Bexley Road and Canterbury Road as part of its $300 million Urban Roads Pinch Point Program, which aims to reduce congestion and improve travel times on Sydney’s busiest corridors.
- Extending the northbound right turn bay from Bexley Road to Canterbury Road to help reduce the likelihood of Bexley Road through traffic being blocked by motorists turning right onto Canterbury Road
- Reducing congestion by improving northbound traffic movements through the intersection
- Improving safety of the intersection to reduce the number of rear-end crashes and crashes involving motorists changing lanes.
- Widening Bexley Road (southbound) into the grassed median and removing up to ten trees to accommodate the road widening and extended northbound right turning lane
- Improving safety at the intersection by prohibiting right turns from the one way access road onto Bexley Road and installing a no right turn sign and a stop sign
- Modifying the island garden beds immediately south of the access road to accommodate the extended turning lane
- Reconstructing the footpath
- Relocating street lights and utilities
- Installing new drainage
- Providing new landscaping
- Asphalting and line marking.
Roads and Maritime Services sought community feedback in October 2016 on a proposal to extend the existing right turn lane from Bexley Road onto Canterbury Road. All comments have been considered in our decision making process.
We have reviewed all feedback received. Submissions were generally in favour of the proposal. We have now developed a community consultation report summarising matters raised and our responses.
The community consultation report can be viewed here.
Construction will continue and the project is expected to be complete by around mid 2019.
We will continue to keep the community and key stakeholders updated as the project progresses.
The latest community project update can be viewed here.
November 2018 project update
Intersection improvements at Canterbury Road and Bexley Road, Campsie.
For further information about the project, please contact our pinch point team (during business hours)
Phone: 1800 572 004