Transport for NSW and Major Road Projects Victoria are building a second Murray River crossing to connect Echuca and Moama. The $323.7 million project is being funded by the Australian, Victorian and NSW governments.
MAR 2020Work starts on Moama intersection upgrades
Work has started on the Moama intersection upgrades.
The new intersections will serve as a key link to the new Echuca-Moama Bridge, providing better safety and efficiency for visitors, commuters and freight over the Murray River between Echuca and Moama.More information
- upgrading the Cobb Highway intersections with Perricoota Road and Meninya Street
- building a new intersection connecting the new bridge
- re-opening Francis Street
- installing traffic lights.
Work will be carried out between 7am and 6pm weekdays and 8am to 1pm Saturdays and is expected to be completed by August 2021, weather permitting.
OCT 2019Award of tender
Excell Gray Bruni has been selected to construct the Moama intersections upgrade, as part of the NSW stage of work on the new Echuca-Moama Bridge project.
1. Murray Valley Highway and Warren Street roundabout (Victoria, completed in mid-2018), 2. Warren Street upgrades (Victoria), 3. New road and bridge
The new Echuca-Moama Bridge project will be built in four stages:
- Murray Valley Highway and Warren Street roundabout (Victoria, completed in mid-2018)
- Warren Street upgrades (completed November 2019)
- New road and bridges over the Campaspe and Murray Rivers (linking NSW and Victoria, major construction starting early 2020)
- Upgrades to the Cobb Highway, Meninya Street and Perricoota Road intersections (NSW).
The bridge and Victorian intersection works are being project managed by Major Road Projects Victoria with support from Transport for NSW.
The Moama intersection upgrade is being project managed by Transport for NSW.
Artists impression of the proposed intersection
As part of stage one of the project, Major Road Projects Victoria completed a new roundabout at the Murray Valley Highway and Warren Street intersection in mid-2018.
In November 2019, Major Road Projects Victoria completed stage two of the project, which involved the upgrade of Warren Street.
In October 2019, Major Road Projects Victoria announced McConnell Dowell Constructors (Australia) Pty Ltd as the successful contractor to build stage 3 of the project, including new road and bridges over the Campaspe and Murray rivers.
For more information about this project visit the Major Road Projects Victoria website.
Work will continue on the Moama intersection upgrades throughout 2020 and 2021.
Transport for NSW will make sure all reasonable efforts are made to minimise construction, traffic and noise impacts, including carrying out work involving lane closures after hours and providing regular communications to affected residents, road users and community members, in advance. We will let you know when work is planned outside regular working hours.
Work on the Moama intersections upgrade is expected to be completed in August 2021.
Work on the new Echuca-Moama Bridge is expected to be completed in late 2022.
For more information, contact project manager, Rick Koschel, on:
Phone: (02) 6923 6518