Roads and Maritime Services and Major Road Projects Victoria are building a second Murray River crossing to connect Echuca and Moama. The $280 million project is being funded by the Australian, Victorian and NSW governments.
MID 2019Call for tenders
The call for tenders has gone out for contractors to construct the Moama intersections improvement project, as part of the NSW section of the Echuca Moama Bridge project.
View the tender document.
1. Murray Valley Highway and Warren Street roundabout (Victoria, completed in mid-2018), 2. Warren Street upgrades (Victoria), 3. New road and bridge
The new Echuca-Moama Bridge project will be built in four stages:
- Murray Valley Highway and Warren Street roundabout (Victoria, completed in mid-2018)
- Warren Street upgrades (Victoria)
- New road and bridges over the Campaspe and Murray Rivers (linking NSW and Victoria)
- Upgrades to the Cobb Highway, Meninya Street and Perricoota Road intersections (NSW).
The bridge and Victorian intersection works are being project managed by Major Road Projects Victoria with support from Roads and Maritime.
The Moama intersection upgrade is being project managed by Roads and Maritime.
Artists impression of the proposed intersection
Major Road Projects Victoria awarded the contract to build a new roundabout at the Murray Valley Highway and Warren Street intersection to RE Civil Pty Ltd, of Echuca, in July 2017. Work on stage one of the project started in October 2017 and was completed in mid-2018.
Major Road Projects Victoria has announced Winslow Constructors as the successful contractor for stage two of the project – the upgrade of Warren Street. Work on this stage started in October 2018.
Major Road Projects Victoria has called tenders for the design and construction of stage 3 of the project, including the new Murray River crossing. Detailed design work is expected to start mid-2019.
For more information about this project visit the Major Road Projects Victoria website.
For more information, contact project manager, Rick Koschel, on:
Phone: (02) 6923 6518