The NSW Government is replacing the Camp Street Bridge over Lake Forbes to improve safety for all road users. The $12.8 million project involves building a new wider bridge with wider lanes and pedestrian and cycle paths.
JAN 2020Project Update
Construction of the new Camp Street Bridge over Lake Forbes started on Monday 26 August 2019.More information
The $12.8 million project will replace the existing bridge and improve safety for road users.
The project involves building a new, wider bridge across Lake Forbes with wider lanes and pedestrian and cycle paths, which will improve safety for motorists and pedestrians.
The design includes landscaping suitable to the lakeside environment and the lamp posts from the existing bridge will be incorporated in the design to complement the town’s heritage aesthetics.
The contract for the project has been awarded to Abergeldie Contractors Ptd Ltd.
Construction of the road approaches and landscaping will be carried out by Forbes Shire Council on behalf ofTransport for NSW.
The new bridge will be completed by August 2020, weather permitting.
The Camp Street Bridge was built in 1927 and is now in poor condition due to age.
A new bridge is needed to meet current design standards and improve safety for motorists and pedestrians into the future.
A new bridge across Lake Forbes will improve safety for motorists, pedestrians and reduce future maintenance requirements.
The project involves building a new, wider bridge across Lake Forbes with wider travel lanes and pedestrian/cyclist paths.
The design includes landscaping suitable to the surrounding lakeside environment. The lamp posts from the existing bridge will be incorporated in the design to complement the town's heritage aesthetics.
- Improving road user safety through wider travel lanes, improved road approaches and pedestrian/cyclist paths across the new bridge
- Improving connections for pedestrians and cyclists between both sides of Lake Forbes
- Reduced ongoing maintenance costs
- Improved environmental outcomes by managing stormwater runoff from the road into Lake Forbes
- Retaining the lamp posts in the landscape design on the approach to bridge, to reference the past and link the bridge to the heritage aesthetic of the town
- Unique design to provide an iconic structure for the Forbes community for the future.
Frequently asked questions
August 2019 frequently asked questions
Camp Street Bridge replacement.
For more information about this project, please contact:
Phone: 1800 167 499.