Transport for NSW is proposing to upgrade Hill Road, to improve access to the Carter Street Precinct and Sydney Olympic Park.
DEC 2020Hill Road upgrade - call for public commment
Transport for NSW is calling for public comment on a proposed upgrade of Hill Road in Lidcombe and Sydney Olympic Park.More information
The proposal involves major improvements Hill Road’s intersections with Parramatta Road and John Ian Wing Parade.
The upgrade will provide better access to Sydney Olympic Park, as well as the Carter Street Precinct, which will deliver more than 5,000 new homes, shops and commercial properties over the coming years. It will also improve access to the neighbouring suburbs of Newington and Wentworth Point and ease congestion on Parramatta Road.
View or download the December Have Your Say notification (PDF, 6.2Mb).
Cancellation of the proposed M4 westbound off ramp project
Previously, Transport for NSW investigated options for a new westbound off ramp from the M4 Western Motorway, at its intersection with Hill Road. This proposal is no longer being considered.
Transport for NSW investigated the feasibility of this element and has determined it cannot be delivered safely.
Transport for NSW will continue to work to ensure the best possible traffic outcomes for local residents, businesses and visitors.
The proposed Hill Road upgrade will support development growth in the Carter Street Precinct, which will deliver 5,500 new homes and generate 5,500 new jobs.
In 2021, Transport for NSW will display the project’s environmental impact statement.
More information about the Carter Street Precinct is available on the Department of Planning, Industry and Environment’s website.
- Improved access to the new Carter Street Precinct.
- Improved access to Sydney Olympic Park during major events.
- Improved access to the neighbouring suburbs of Wentworth Point and Newington.
- Reduced travel times and congestion.
Key features include:
- widening Hill Road between the M4 and Old Hill Link Road: dual right turns into the Carter Street Precinct and John Ian Wing Parade
- upgrading Hill Road’s intersections with of Parramatta Road John Ian Wing Parade
- converting to a full lane the existing Hill Road merge lane between Parramatta Road and the M4 Western Motorway
- widening and signalising the M4 eastbound off ramp, to reduce Motorway queuing and better manage traffic flow on Hill Road.
- Transport for NSW has called for public comment on the proposed upgrade. The Comment period will close 1 February 2021. When this is concluded, TfNSW will issue a consultation report and will display and environmental impact statement for further public consideration.
- We will consider all feedback in developing the proposed off ramp and we will continue to keep the community updated as the modification progresses.
- There will be further opportunities for residents and businesses to comment on the proposed upgrade as we move through environmental assessments and design phases.
Please note – documents published before November 2020 contain reference to a westbound off ramp from the M4 Western Motorway at Hill Road. This off ramp is no longer under consideration
December 2020 call for public comment
Have your say on the proposed upgrade of Hill Road, at Sydney Olympic Park and Lidcombe, December 2020
|May 2017 project notification||2.51Mb|
April 2017 project notification
Utility investigation work on Hill Road, Lidcombe from Monday 1 May 2017.
February 2017 project notification
Investigation work on Hill Road, Lidcombe from Wednesday 22 February 2017.
November 2016 project notification
Investigation work on Hill Road and Parramatta Road, Lidcombe from Wednesday 9 November 2016.
|November 2015 a new community and road upgrades for Lidcombe||24.9Kb|
To be provided with updates for this project you can register at:
Phone: 1800 792 086