This project is part of the NSW Government’s $225 million Pinch Point Program which aims to reduce delays, manage congestion and improve travel times on Sydney’s main roads particularly during week day peak periods.
MAR 2017Open to traffic
This work is now complete and the intersection is open to traffic. Many thanks for your patience while we carried out this work.
During morning and afternoon peak periods, the right turn lane from the Hume Highway into Miller Road queues into the through lanes, which delays westbound vehicles.
The aim of the project was:
- Improve travel times for the Hume Highway
- Reduce delays and queue lengths on the Hume Highway
- Improve safety at the intersection.
- Widening the Hume Highway on the southern side to provide the extra right turn lane into Miller Road
- Extending to a 125 metre merge lane along Miller Road to allow entry for the extra right turn lane
- Relocating the existing bus stop northbound on Miller Road to 50 metres north of its present location
- Removing 16 trees and replace at a nearby location in collaboration with Bankstown Council and Remembrance Driveway Committee
- Removing 12 parking spaces on Miller Road.
March 2017 project update
Project completion at Hume Highway and Miller Road, Bass Hill.
August 2016 project update
Hume Highway and Miller Road, Bass Hill.
May 2016 project update
Night work at the intersection of the Hume Highway and Miller Road, Bass Hill from Sunday 8 May 2016.
September 2015 project update
Field investigations on the Hume Highway and Miller Road, Bass Hill from Wednesday 23 September 2015.
March 2015 project update
Night work on the Hume Highway and Miller Road, Bass Hill.
January 2015 project update
Intersection improvements at Hume Highway and Miller Road, Bass Hill.
September 2014 project update
Have your say - Proposal for intersection improvements on the Hume Highway, Bass Hill
For further information about this project contact:
Phone: 1800 677 700