The NSW Government is funding the upgrade of the intersection of Kingsway and Elouera Road, Cronulla, as part of its $100 million Congestion and Safety Program. The program aims to ease congestion and improve journey reliability on Sydney’s key road corridors.
SEP 2019Work commences
On 1 September 2019, work will begin work on the intersection’s upgrade. Initial work will take place in Peryman Square, where contractors will construct the intersection’s new drainage. When this is complete, work will move onto the roadway.
Traffic changes, including reduced speed limits and temporary parking restrictions will be in place. Please keep to speed limits and follow signs and traffic controllers’ directions. For the latest traffic updates, you can call 132 701, visit livetraffic.com or download the Live Traffic NSW App.
We will be working both day and night shifts. More detail on these shifts is included in the start of work notification [link to PDF].
If you have any questions, please contact our delivery partner, Ventia Boral Amey Joint Venture on 1800 677 700 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on our projects, visit rms.nsw.gov.au.
Artist impression of Peryman Square after work is complete.
We are widening Elouera Road on the approach to its intersection with Kingsway, to add a new right‑turn‑only lane. When the work is complete, around seven extra cars will be able to fit in the new lane, which will increase capacity at this intersection.
This will reduce congestion for both turning traffic and though traffic onto Gerrale Street.
The widening will also allow us to establish a dedicated cycle-lane through the intersection, which will link Sutherland Shire Council’s existing cycle routes on Elouera Road and Gerrale Street.
In December 2018 we relocated two accessible parking spaces on Elouera Road, constructed a new, safer pram ramp across Elouera Road and surfaced an area of Kingsway, eastbound.
Our work will not affect access to the Bali Memorial.
- Duplicating the right turn lane from Elouera Road into Kingsway
- Installing an on-road cycle lane to connect Elouera Road with the existing Gerrale Street cycle lane to facilitate active transport in the area
- Adjusting the kerb and pram ramps opposite the Peryman Square entrance to improve pedestrian safety
- Moving two accessible parking spaces further north towards Mitchell Road, where they link with existing pedestrian footpaths headed down towards the beach
- Removing up to 15 parking spaces on the southbound lane on Elouera Road to allow for road widening work
- Relocation of the traffic lights at the entrance of Peryman Square
- Establishing the new Peryman Square entrance
- Road resurfacing, linemarking and asphalting.
- Reduce congestion and improve travel times for vehicles turning right from Elouera Road into the Kingsway
- Reduce the impact of right-turn queuing on through‑lane traffic
- Provide safe, active transport links for cyclists and walkers.
Between 1 September and the end of December 2019, we’ll be on site up to six days a week for 40 shifts from Monday to Friday, between 7am and 6pm, and between 8am and 1pm on Saturdays.
We will also work up to five nights a week for 60 shifts, between 8pm and 5am from Sunday to Thursday. We will not work on public holidays.
November 2018 community update
Intersection improvements on Kingsway and Elouera Road, Cronulla.
|March 2019 engagement summary report||1.35Mb|
|February 2019 community engagement summary notification||268Kb|
If you have any questions, please contact our Project Manager, Jimi Edwards, during business hours.
Phone: 1800 572 004