The NSW Government funded this project at the intersection of Kingsway and Gannons Road as part of its $300 million Urban Roads Pinch Point Program which aims to ease congestion and improve journey reliability on Sydney’s key southern corridors.
DEC 2018Work completed
Roads and Maritime Services has completed improvements at the intersection of Kingsway and Gannons Road, Caringbah.
By making better use of the available road space on both Kingsway and Gannons Road, we were able to change the intersection and add a new right turn lane to improve the flow of traffic towards Caringbah.
This has doubled the number of motorists able to use the turning bay, allowing more vehicles to turn right into Gannons Road.
For more information please view or download the December 2018 Sutherland Shire Community update (PDF, 11.6Mb).
The completed work includes:
- A new right turn lane from Kingsway into Gannons Road
- Improved intersection design to make better use of the available road space
- New road surface
- New linemarking and signs.
- Helping to keep traffic flowing on Kingsway
- Reducing travel times and providing a more reliable journey for road users
- Reducing congestion and improving traffic flow at the intersections by allowing more vehicles to queue in the upgraded turning bays.
We appreciate your patience while we delivered this important project.
For more information please contact our deliver partner, Ventia Boral Amey Joint Venture on:
Phone:1800 677 700
Post: Ventia Boral Amey Joint Venture, PO Box 838, Rockdale NSW 2216