The NSW Government funded this project at the intersection of Kingsway and President Avenue as part of its $300 million Urban Roads Pinch Point Program and $100 million Congestion and Safety Programs which aims to ease congestion and improve journey reliability on Sydney’s key southern corridors.
DEC 2018Intersection work complete
Roads and Maritime Services has completed improvements at the intersection of Kingsway and President Avenue, Caringbah.More information
The upgrade will improve traffic flow at the intersection and reduce travel times for motorists, particularly during peak periods. By improving the design of the intersection, we were able to make better use of the available road space and create a new right turn lane from Kingsway into President Avenue.
For more information please view or download the December 2018 Sutherland Shire Community update (PDF, 11.6Mb).
The completed work includes:
- Duplication of the right turn lane from Kingsway into President Avenue
- Modification of traffic island at the intersection of President Avenue and Kingsway
- Removal of a loading zone and relocation of a mail zone
- Removal of 14 restricted car spaces on the eastbound lane on Kingsway
- New CCTV camera installed on the corner of President Avenue and Port Hacking Road.
As part of this work we reviewed parking options for business customers and local residents. In response to your feedback we worked with Sutherland Shire Council to provide an additional 15 spaces in the Council carpark at the rear of the Caringbah shops.
We are also happy to let you know that we have recently agreed to part-fund 10 additional spaces in this Council carpark. Taking the total number of offset spaces we have provided as part of this work to 25. The 10 additional parking spaces will be will be installed by 30 April 2019.
In addition to this, parking remains available for business customers in the surrounding streets, including Denman Avenue, Hay Avenue and Banksia Road. Removing some parking on Kingsway helped alleviate congestion and improve traffic flow, particularly during peak periods, to get vehicles moving freely on this key southern road corridor.
- Helping to keep traffic flowing on Kingsway
- Reducing travel times and providing a more reliable journey for road users
- Reducing congestion and improving traffic flow at the intersections by allowing more vehicles to queue in the upgraded turning bays.
We appreciate your patience while we delivered this important project.
For more information please contact our deliver partner, Ventia Boral Amey Joint Venture on:
Phone:1800 677 700
Post: Ventia Boral Amey Joint Venture, PO Box 838, Rockdale NSW 2216