Roads and Maritime Services is planning for future improvements to the M1 Princes Motorway between Figtree and Dapto.
As part of the planning process, Roads and Maritime has begun a modelling exercise to assess the current and anticipated future performance of the M1 Princes Motorway between Wollongong and Dapto. The project will tie in with other Motorway projects and modelling undertaken for the Albion Park Rail bypass and the Mount Ousley interchange.
Once the current and anticipated future performance has been assessed, a range of scenarios and options will be tested to address performance challenges. Scenarios and options tested will aim to:
- Improve travel time and efficiency for motorists
- Improve freight accessibility into and out of the region including access to Port Kembla and heavy vehicle access to the Shoalhaven and South Coast
- Cater for traffic growth as a result of nearby development.
Following this, work can begin on preliminary designs and environmental investigations.
Roads and Maritime is assessing the current and anticipated future performance of the M1 Princes Motorway.
A range of scenarios and options will be tested to address any performance challenges identified as part of the assessment of the current and anticipated future performance.
- Preliminary site investigations - WE ARE HERE
- Route options analysis
- Select preferred route
- Adopt route into council planning documents
- Review the road corridor
- Preferrred option - community review
- Environmental impact assessment
- Project approval.
- Detailed design
- Pre-construction activities
View or download the project flowchart.
For more information please contact the project team:
Phone: 02 4221 2531
Mail: PO Box 477, Wollongong NSW 2500.