Roads and Maritime Services is proposing to build a westbound off ramp from the M4 Motorway to Hill Road at Lidcombe.
MAY 2019Design development
Roads and Maritime is continuing to develop the design for the M4 to Hill Road off ramp. The community will have the opportunity to review the design once we have finalised our preferred option.
The proposed westbound off ramp would support development growth in the Carter Street Urban Priority Precinct estimated to generate 5,500 new homes and 5,500 new jobs.
Roads and Maritime will soon start preparing the M4 to Hill Road westbound off ramp environmental assessment documentation for submission to the Department of Planning and Environment. The assessment documentation is a modification to the existing M4 Widening Project approval to include construction of the off ramp.
To guide this environmental assessment process, Roads and Maritime has recently applied for the Secretary’s Environmental Assessment Requirements (SEARs) guidelines from the Department of Planning and Environment.
The SEARs application was recently uploaded on to the Department of Planning and Environment’s major projects website and can be viewed at majorprojects.planning.nsw.gov.au
The Department of Planning and Environment will display the modification environmental assessment documentation for the project and invite public submissions in late 2019.
- Reduced travel times and congestion
- improved M4 westbound access from M4 Motorway to Sydney Olympic Park, Carter Street and Wentworth Point precincts.
- providing a new single to dual-lane westbound off ramp connection from the M4 Motorway to Hill Road
- widening and upgrading Hill Road to its intersection with John Ian Wing Parade to accommodate the proposed off ramp
- installing intelligent transport system infrastructure and tolling equipment on the off ramp consistent with technology being installed on the M4 Motorway
- changing lane arrangements and turning movements at the Carter Street intersection
- upgrading the John Ian Wing Parade intersection to a four-way intersection, providing direct access into the Carter Street precinct on the eastern side of Hill Road
- providing a new footpath on the eastern side of Hill Road up to the John Ian Wing Parade intersection
- carrying out associated work to support the project such as utility adjustments and signage upgrades.
Roads and Maritime is continuing investigation work around the project area to develop the preliminary concept design which will soon be on display. The modification to the Environmental Impact Statement for the M4 Widening Project is planned for public display in late 2019.
We will consider all feedback in developing the proposed off ramp and we will continue to keep the community updated as the modification progresses.
April 2017 project notification
Utility investigation work on Hill Road, Lidcombe from Monday 1 May 2017.
February 2017 project notification
Investigation work on Hill Road, Lidcombe from Wednesday 22 February 2017.
November 2016 project notification
Investigation work on Hill Road and Parramatta Road, Lidcombe from Wednesday 9 November 2016.
|November 2015 a new community and road upgrades for Lidcombe||0|
To be provided with updates for this project you can register at:
Phone: 1800 792 086