Transport for NSW is planning to improve traffic flow and safety from Stanford Street to just north of Trenchard Street.
MAY 2020Stage two - Proposed design
Community and stakeholders are invited to comment on a proposal to improve traffic flow and safety on Main Road and Heddon Street at Heddon Greta.More information
More information about the proposed design is available in the May 2020 Project notification (PDF, 292Kb).
Feedback is invited until 5 June 2020. Your feedback is appreciated.
Work recently started on an upgrade at the Main Road and Heddon Street intersection, which is being funded and delivered by the Developer of the nearby residential estate.
This first stage of the upgrade involves building traffic lights and providing two lanes in each direction at the intersection on Main Road. This work is required as part of the Developer's Development Application approval with Cessnock City Council.
To provide further traffic flow benefits to motorists, Transport for NSW has developed a second stage of work which would adjoin the upgraded intersection.
The proposed second stage of work involves:
- extending the two travel lanes in each direction on Main Road
- extending the concrete median from the stage one work to Stanford Street to improve safety by separating motorists travelling in the opposite directions and preventing motorists from turning across multiple lanes
- banning the right turn from Trenchard Street onto Main Road and the right turns into and out of Stanford Street, to reduce the risk of crashes. Motorists will be able to turn right by using the new traffic lights at the Heddon Street intersection.
- closing the access into Averys Lane from Main Road. Motorists will be able to access Averys Lane by using the new traffic lights at the Heddon Street intersection.
- introducing a no stopping zone along this section of the road. Parking will not be permitted.
- installing roadside safety barrier to help prevent motorists from veering off the road
- providing a cycle lane to help cyclists travel safely through the intersection.
We will keep the community updated as the second stage of the project progresses.
May 2020 project notification
Have your say on proposed upgrade of Main Road and Heddon Street at Heddon Greta.
|27 May 2020 - Heddon Great community invited to help shape road upgrade||34.8Kb|
For more information about this project, please contact:
Phone: 0438 659 096
Mail: Dwayne Ramzan-Levy
Transport for NSW - Locked Bag 2030, Newcastle 2300 NSW