The NSW Government is planning the upgrade of Richmond Road from Elara Boulevard to Heritage Road.
The NSW Government has proposed a road network to support the forecast growth in the North West Growth Area. Over the next ten years, 33,000 homes will be in the area and once fully developed, the area will be home to around 250,000 people.
Richmond Road has been upgraded from two lanes to four lanes between the M7 Motorway and Elara Boulevard.
Roads and Maritime Services is proposing to continue the Richmond Road upgrade from Elara Boulevarde to Heritage Road. The upgrade would provide safer and improved access to fast growing residential developments in the Marsden Park precinct and future commercial and residential developments in Marsden Park North precinct.
SEP 2019Community information sessions
Roads and Maritime held a number of community sessions in July and August to help inform our future road plans in the North West Growth Area.More information
We invited feedback until the 16 August 2019 and where applicable we are contacting individual residents to discuss their concerns.
We will keep the community informed as the design progresses.
In the meantime if you have any questions please contact us on:
- Email: riverstoneNWGC@rms.nsw.gov.au.
- Phone: 1300 367 561.
Roads and Maritime Services completed the upgrade of Richmond Road between M7 Motorway and Garfield Road West in 2016. The next stage of work, between Elara Boulevard and Heritage Road, is currently being planned to meet the current and projected traffic volumes.
Richmond Road provides an important north-south link through an area of north-west Sydney set to undergo significant land-use and transport changes, including rapid population and employment growth over the next 20 years and beyond.
- Widening 900 metres of Richmond Road from two lanes to four lanes (two lanes in each direction).
- Wide central median for future widening of the road to six lanes, if needed.
- New traffic lights 800 metres north west of Elara Boulevard.
- Provide bus bays and bus priority lanes at the main intersection.
The benefits of the Richmond Road upgrade would include:
- signalised intersections providing safer conditions for motorists, cyclists and pedestrians
- an improved connection between the Marsden Park and Blacktown
- enhanced facilities for active transport
- better drainage
Roads and Maritime is continuing planning and field investigation work to prepare the strategic design. Below is an outline of the stages of the project and where we are now.
- Planning, field investigations and preparation of strategic design - WE ARE HERE
- Display of strategic design and preferred option for community comment
- Announcement of preferred option
- Concept design and environmental assessment
- Display of environmental assessment for community comments
- Planning approval
- Detailed plans for construction
- Construction - subject to availability of funding.
View of download the Richmond Road upgrade map.
For more information, contact the project team:
Phone: 1300 367 561
Mail: Riverstone NWGC, Roads and Maritime Services, PO Box 973 Parramatta CBD NSW 2124.