The NSW Government has proposed a road network to support the forecast growth in the North West Growth Area. Over the next ten years, 33,000 homes will be built in the area and once fully developed, the area will be home to around 250,000 people.
Access within the North West Growth Area (NWGA) is restricted by the Richmond Railway line, which runs through the area in a north-south corridor. Existing crossings of the railway line are limited, with only two grade separated crossings at Schofields Road and Westminster Bridge, and two level crossings at Garfield Road and Bandon Road.
To facilitate growth and development in the North West, people that will live and work in the area, or travel through it, will need new infrastructure. This includes providing safe access to key facilities, as well as access to the wider transport network.
The NSW Department of Planning and Environment (DPE) has granted Special Infrastructure Contribution (SIC) funding for Roads and Maritime Services to carry out the planning and concept design of Townson-Burdekin road.
The proposal runs from the intersection of Richmond Road and Townson Road, Marsden Park to the roundabout intersection of Burdekin Road and Walker Street, Schofields.
SEP 2019Community information sessions
Roads and Maritime held a number of community sessions in July and August to help inform our future road plans in the North West Growth Area.More information
We invited feedback until the 16 August 2019 and where applicable we are contacting individual residents to discuss their concerns.
We will keep the community informed as the design progresses.
In the meantime if you have any questions please contact us on:
- Email: riverstoneNWGC@rms.nsw.gov.au.
- Phone: 1300 367 561.
Check out our interactive portal to find out more about the project and changes to your journey.
Benefits of the upgrade would include:
- improving road capacity to meet future traffic growth
- supporting residential and employment growth
- improving road safety
- improving connectivity between Richmond Road and Windsor Road
- encouraging active transport along the corridor.
Key features of the upgrade would include:
- a four lane dual carriageway separated by a median, between Richmond Road, Marsden Parkand Walker Street, Quakers Hill
- connection to new residential developments
- three new traffic signals intersections at Victory Road, Veron Road, and a new road proposed in the West
- a new bridge over the train line, south of Schofields Stationnew bridges over Eastern Creek and Bells Creek
- a shared use path along the length of the road corridor connecting to nearby developments
View or download the Townson - Burdekin Road corridor map.
For more information, contact the project team:
Phone: 1300 367 561
Mail: Townson - Burdekin Road, Roads and Maritime Services, PO Box 973 Parramatta CBD NSW 2124.