The NSW Government is funding this project as part of its $300 million Urban Roads Pinch Point Program, which aims to reduce congestion and improve travel times on Sydney’s busiest corridors.
SEP 2018Night investigation work continues
Roads and Maritime Services will be continuing night investigation work on Parramatta Road and Great North Road in Five Dock. We will be on site for nine night shifts between Friday 7 September and Sunday 7 October 2018, weather permitting.
For more information please view or download the September 2018 night investigation work letter (PDF, 360Kb).
Roads and Maritime Services will be carrying out improvements at the intersection of Parramatta Road and Great North Road, Five Dock. The improvements will reduce congestion and improvement travel times on Parramatta Road, and increase the capacity for vehicles turning right into Great North Road.
Construction work is scheduled to start in 2019.
The work will include:
- providing an additional right turn lane from Parramatta Road into Great North Road to increase capacity and stop queuing into the through traffic lanes
- widening Parramatta Road on the northern side and Great North Road on the eastern side to accommodate the additional right turn lane
- widening the bridge over Iron Cove Creek to accommodate the additional right turn lane
- realigning the footpath on Parramatta Road and Great North Road
- upgrading traffic lights and drainage
- relocating utilities and services
- removing around 40 metres of parking space on Great North Road.
- removing and replacing asphalt and line marking
During December 2016, Roads and Maritime consulted with the community on the proposed intersection improvement.
We displayed the Review of Environmental Factors (REF) to allow for further comment from the community.
Roads and Maritime also held a Community Information Session, in order for community members to discuss the proposal with the project team. The REF was also on display at a number of locations, in addition to being available on this website.
A submissions report summarising comments and responses has been completed.
We will be carrying out night investigation work on Parramatta Road and Great North Road in Five Dock. The work will include drilling to establish ground conditions and surveying to locate underground utilities to help further develop the design for the improvements.
We will be on site for nine night shifts between Friday 7 September and Sunday 7 October, weather permitting. Our night work hours will be between 8pm to 5am from Sunday to Friday.
For more information on our investigation, please view or download the September 2018 night investigation work letter.
If you have any questions or concerns about the improvements to the intersection of Parramatta Road and Great North Road, Five Dock, please contact our project manager, Henry Mi:
Phone: 1800 572 004 during business hours