Transport for NSW plans to upgrade the Parramatta Road, Wattle and Frederick Street intersection in Ashfield to improve traffic flow.
Construction is scheduled to start 31 August 2020 and is expected to be completed by February 2021.
The Parramatta Road, Wattle and Frederick Street intersection improvements are scheduled to start 31 August 2020 will include;
- minor changes to line markings to the intersection of Parramatta Road and Wattle Street
- modifying existing medium strips on Parramatta Road to allow for simultaneous right turns from Wattle Street and Frederick Street
- upgrading storm water drainage, and
- relocating utilities.
The intersection upgrade work will improve traffic flow and allow for safer right turn movements from Wattle Street onto Parramatta Road.
We will commence the initial night work from Monday 31 August 2020 and the work is expected to be finished within 5 days, weather permitting.
The project is expected to be completed by February 2021.
Most of the work will be carried out during the night to reduce impacts to road users. Generally, our night work hours will be between:
- 8pm and 5am, Sunday to Thursdays
- no work on public holidays
Pedestrian access to the businesses and residential properties will be maintained.
For more information please contact the project team at Ventia Boral Amey Joint Venture:
Phone:1800 677 700