We’re planning to improve traffic flow along Parramatta Road between Rofe Street and Cannon Street, Leichhardt to make your journey easier, faster and safer.
A 725 metre section of Parramatta Road between Rofe and Cannon Streets is being improved. This work is planned to start in October 2019 and includes:
- extending the right turn lane into Crystal Street from Parramatta Road by about 180 metres
- relocating two bus stops, on each side of Parramatta Road
- permanently removing parking spaces on Parramatta Road between Rofe and Renwick Streets and Cannon and Crystal Streets for the new bus lane configuration
- removing sections of the existing kerbside bus lanes in each direction
- removing the 'left turn only buses excepted' condition at the Norton Street intersection
- installing new pavement surfacing and line markings.
Our work will be done in up to four shifts, weather permitting. We’ll mainly work at night to minimise impact on traffic and for the safety of our workers and road users. Our work will take place during;
- 8pm and 5am, Sunday to Friday morning
- 8pm Friday to 8am Saturday
- 8pm Saturday to 9am Sunday.
Pedestrian access to the businesses on Parramatta Road will be maintained.
Some work may also be carried out during the day where there is no impact or change to traffic.
Details confirming dates the work will take place will be provided when our work plan is finalised.
For more information please contact the project team:
Phone: 1800 951 212
Mail: Network Integration Team, Roads and Maritime Services, Network Integration, Locked Bag 928, North Sydney NSW 2060.