The NSW Government is funding this proposal as part of its $450 million Urban Roads Congestion Program, which aims to reduce congestion and improve travel times on Sydney’s busiest corridors.
NOV 2020Have your say
Transport for NSW is seeking feedback from the community on our amended proposal to improve the Pennant Hills Road and North Rocks Road intersection. We are proposing to widen Pennant Hills Road between Woodstock Road and Murray Farm Road to add an additional through lane in each direction with a central raised median and in response to prior community feedback we also widen North Rocks Road to add a second right turn lane onto Pennant Hills Road southbound.More information
Consultation closes on Friday 18 December. Find out more in the November 2020 project notification (PDF, 5.56Mb).
Subscribe for updates
Each day nearly 60,000 vehicles travel through the Pennant Hills Road and North Rocks Road intersection. A high traffic area motorists experience congestion, slow travel times and delays when travelling through the intersection of Pennant Hills Roads and North Rocks Road.
Our proposal will increase the capacity of the Pennant Hills Road and North Rocks Road intersection by widening the road, reducing queue lengths and improving safety for all road users.
Our proposal includes:
- widening Pennant Hills Road between Woodstock Road and Murray Farm Road, adding an extra through lane in each direction
- widening North Rocks Road to install a second right turn lane from North Rocks Road onto Pennant Hills Road heading south
- removing the left turn slip lane from Pennant Hills Road onto North Rocks Road west, to provide three northbound lanes
- installing a new left turn slip lane from Pennant Hills Road to North Rocks Road heading east
- adding an additional right turn lane for road users travelling eastbound on North Rocks Road and turning right into Pennant Hills Road
- installing a raised median in the centre of Pennant Hills Road between Woodstock Road and Murray Farm Road
- installing a new pedestrian crossing on the southern side of Pennant Hills Road and North Rocks intersection
- resurfacing the road and changing signage
- adjusting utilities, street lighting and drainage.
Transport invited feedback in December 2017 on proposed improvements at the intersection of Pennant Hills Road and North Rocks Road, Carlingford.
We received responses from 61 community members. Key areas of interest for community members included proposal justification, environmental impacts, pedestrian and cyclist safety, traffic light issues.
We have directly responded to questions or concerns raised and thank everyone for considering the proposal and for providing their feedback. The community consultation report detailing all the feedback and our responses was released in 2018. View or download the consultation report (PDF, 1.19Mb).
- Ease congestion and improve travel times for all road users during peak periods.
- Improve the flow of traffic through the intersection.
- Improve safety at the intersection of Pennant Hills Road and North Rocks Road.
After the consultation closes, we will carefully consider all feedback received before making a decision on the proposal. We share with the community what we have learnt from this consultation and will keep the community informed as the proposal progresses.
November 2020 project notification
Have your say.
October 2020 Investigation notification
Investigation work on Pennant Hills Road and North Rocks Road, Carlingford
April 2018 Close of consultation report
Community consultation report - Pennant Hills Road and North Rocks Road, Carlingford intersection improvements
December 2017 Have your say
Proposed intersection improvements on Pennant Hills Road at North Rocks Road, Carlingford
For further information about this project, please contact:
Phone: 1800 572 004 (during business hours)
Mail: Pinch Points, Transport for NSW, PO Box 973, Parramatta NSW 2124