The NSW Government is planning a bypass of Pitt Town to reduce traffic through the town centre and improve traffic flow and safety for road users.
NOV 2018Review of Environmental Factors
Roads and Maritime Services is progressing work on the Pitt Town bypass proposal and the community has a chance to comment on the Review of Environmental Factors (REF) and the concept design for the project.
The REF and concept design will be on display between Monday 12 November and Monday 10 December 2018.
The REF outlines the key features of the proposal, the key objectives and the options considered by Roads and Maritime along with the proposal’s environmental impact.
The latest community update (PDF, 1.7Mb) provides an overview of the project and the benefits it will provide for the community.
Two community information sessions will also be held, so you can discuss the proposal with members of the project team.
Wednesday 21 November 5:30pm – 7:30pm Lynwood Country Club 4 Pitt Town Bottoms Road, Pitt Town and, Saturday 1 December 11am – 1pm Lynwood Country Club 4 Pitt Town Bottoms Road, Pitt Town.
You can also email a submission to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to: Roads and Maritime Services Pitt Town Bypass Project 27 Argyle Street Parramatta NSW 2150.
All submissions must be received by 5pm on Monday 10 December 2018.
For more information view of download the full REF document from the project documents section below.
Roads and Maritime Services recently started early planning work to progress the Pitt Town bypass proposal as a result of residential development to the north of Pitt Town. The objective is to realign the road corridor so through traffic doesn’t travel into the town centre.
The NSW Government has provided funding for early planning work, community consultation and property acquisition for the proposed corridor.
The key features of the proposal include:
- Extending Pitt Town Road past Bathurst Street onto Cattai Road, east of Eldon Street
- Installing a new single lane roundabout at Eldon Street and Old Pitt Town Road
- Closing a portion of Cattai Road to maintain access to Buckingham Street
- Providing new crossings of Hortons Creek
- Installing a new single lane roundabout at Pitt Town Road/Bathurst Street and Glebe Road.
- The total length of the upgrade is approximately 1km.
The benefits of the proposed bypass would include:
- Reduced traffic volumes through the centre of Pitt Town, including heavy vehicle traffic
- More reliable travel times on Pitt Town Road and Cattai Road
- Improved safety for road users
- Improved access for pedestrians and cyclists.
Roads and Maritime will continue planning and development of the concept design and environmental assessment based on the preferred design option.
We will continue to consult with the community and key stakeholders as the proposal progresses.
For more information on this project please contact the project team:
Phone: 1800 793 862