The NSW Government is upgrading 3.6 kilometres of Prospect Highway between Reservoir Road, Prospect and St Martins Crescent, Blacktown.
JUN 2020Early works
Transport for NSW has engaged Ausconnex to start electrical relocation works on Prospect Highway between Blacktown Road and St Martins Crescent from Friday 19 June 2020.More information
Our work hours will be between 7am and 6pm from Monday to Friday and from 8am to 1pm on Saturdays
For more information please read our June notification letter (PDF, 1.87Mb).
Transport for NSW will upgrade Prospect Highway between Reservoir Road, Prospect and St Martins Crescent, Blacktown.
Prospect Highway is a major roadway through western Sydney which connects motorists with the M4 Motorway, the Great Western Highway, Old Windsor Road and the M2 Motorway. Around 35,000 vehicles currently use the Prospect Highway each day, including 5000 heavy vehicles.
Prospect Highway between Reservoir Road, Prospect and St Martins Crescent, Blacktown is currently an undivided two lane road (one lane in each direction) which causes congestion and delays for motorists.
Benefits of the upgrade include:
- Improving safety and access for local and through traffic
- Improving safety for cyclists and pedestrians
- Improving travel times and reducing congestion on Prospect Highway between Blacktown and the M4 Motorway
- Supporting public transport with kerbside bus lanes
- Supporting freight movement.
The key features of Prospect Highway upgrade include:
- Upgrading to a four lane divided road from an undivided two lane road
- Duplicating the bridges over M4 Motorway and Great Western Highway
- A new two way link road between Great Western Highway and Prospect Highway, with traffic lights at each end of the new road
- New traffic lights at:
- Stoddart Road
- M4 Motorway eastbound entry and exit ramps
- Reservoir Road
- Changing access arrangements at:
- Tudor Avenue
- Roger Place
- Vesuvius Street
- Ponds Road
- Upgrading the existing shared path on the western side of Prospect Highway between M4 Motorway and Blacktown Road
- Installing a kerbside bus lane in each direction between Lancelot Street and north of St Martins Crescent.
- Providing a kiss-and-ride facility for Shelly Public School within the school grounds
- Modifying the intersection at Hadrian Avenue and Keyworth Drive to provide a roundabout
- Changing the posted speed limit on Prospect Highway between Reservoir Road and Blacktown Road, from 60km/h to 70km/h.
This work to relocate utilities along Prospect Highway is an important step towards the Prospect Highway upgrade. Transport for NSW is taking the opportunity to carry out this key early work, which will benefit the community by helping reduce the length and overall disruption of the major construction. A start date for major construction work is still to be determined.
We will continue to work with individual property owners and keep the community informed on the progress of the project.