Roads and Maritime Services has completed the lane adjustment on the eastbound lane of Richmond Road, Colebee and it is now open for traffic.
The NSW Government is funding this work as part of its $300 million Urban Roads Pinch Points Program, which aims to reduce congestion and improve travel times on Sydney’s busiest corridors.
The project will involve resurfacing on the eastbound lanes of Richmond Road at the Rooty Hill Road North and M7 intersection to provide a:
- right turn lane to Rooty Hill Road North
- dedicated lane to the M7 southbound on ramp
- shared lane to Blacktown and M7 southbound on ramp
- dedicated through lane to Blacktown
- left turn slip lane to the M7 northbound on ramp
The work will also include the installation of a new advanced directional sign for eastbound vehicles on Richmond Road, about 100 metres before the Rooty Hill Road North and M7 intersection.
We will continue to keep the community informed as the proposal progresses.