The NSW Government’s Bus Priority Infrastructure Program is improving the reliability and efficiency of bus services, while easing congestion for all road users.
Video of completed bus priority improvements on Smith Street and Wilde Avenue, Parramatta.
APR 2020Bus lanes extension works completed
Transport for NSW's bus lanes extension project on Smith Street and Wilde Avenue, Parramatta has been successfully completed and is now open to traffic.More information
The new continuous bus lanes between Darcy Street and Lamont Street will play an important role in improving the reliability of bus services by reducing delays. Thank you to road users, local businesses and residents for your patience during the works.
New bus lanes on Wilde Avenue, looking north over Barry Wilde Bridge.
Transport for NSW extended bus lanes on Smith Street and Wilde Avenue. The project included painting of kerbside bus lanes, changing traffic lanes, road resurfacing and signage changes.
The improvements help make bus services more efficient by providing continuous bus lanes along this busy corridor, which provides access to the Parramatta Transport Interchange.
The project was developed in consultation with Parramatta City Council and Parramatta Light Rail.
Around 17 bus routes, including up to 85 buses per hour during peak periods, travel to and from the Parramatta Transport Interchange via Smith Street and Wilde Avenue. The number of bus customers accessing the Parramatta Central Business District and Transport Interchange via this route is expected to increase due to future public transport growth.
To provide continuous bus lanes on Smith Street and Wilde Avenue between Darcy Street and Lamont Street we have:
- extended existing bus lanes in sections of Smith Street and Wilde Avenue
- installed new kerbside bus lane markings
- reconfigured general traffic lanes between Darcy Street and George Street
- carried out road resurfacing, line marking and signage changes
- upgraded traffic lights along Smith Street at the intersections of Macquarie Street and Phillip Street.
- Improve the reliability of bus services and reduce travel time
- Support an integrated public transport network by providing bus customers with efficient and reliable connections to the Parramatta Transport Interchange
- Cater for future growth in bus services.
Phone: 1800 575 250
Mail: Bus Priority, PO Box 973, Parramatta NSW 2124.