Transport for NSW is investigating options to improve safety at the intersection of Snowy Mountains Highway and Batlow Road near Tumut.
Transport for NSW is seeking community feedback on safety issues at the intersection of Snowy Mountains Highway and Batlow Road, near Tumut. We want to hear what the issues are from you, and what options you would like to see implemented to address these concerns.
You can provide your comments by:
- Using our interactive Community consultation map to pin issues directly
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Writing to Batlow Road safety improvements, PO Box 484, Wagga Wagga, NSW, 2650.
Further information is available by contacting our project manager, David Christiansen, on
0407 064 157.
Feedback is open until Sunday 30 August 2020.
Transport for NSW is calling for community feedback on your past experiences, issues and concerns at the intersection of Snowy Mountains Highway and Batlow Road.
Your comments will help inform future safety upgrades at this location, with feedback invited until Sunday 30 August 2020.
Submit your feedback on the community consultation map.
When pinning your feedback through the interactive online tool, please remember:
- tell us about your experiences using this intersection
- what do you see to be the key issues
- detail any incidents and concerns you have at this location
- feedback may fall into categories including traffic and road safety, speed zoning, environment and heavy vehicle access.
Consultation with the community is an important part of safety improvements at the Snowy Mountains Highway-Batlow Road intersection.
Your comments and experiences will help Transport for NSW understand community needs and concerns, and provide an opportunity for possible solutions.
We will capture all comments and respond in a consultation report, which will be made available to the community in the months following the close of consultation.
The Snowy Mountains Highway is an important freight and tourism link, connecting regional NSW with the South Coast, and the local timber industry with the Hume Highway and ports of Sydney and Melbourne.
Batlow Road connects the towns of Batlow, Laurel Hill and Tumbarumba with the Snowy Mountains Highway and the regional centre of Tumut.
Snowy Mountains Highway and Batlow Road provide:
- access for timber and agricultural distribution
- connectivity to regional centres
- a public transport route for school buses
- a tourist and commuter route linking the Hume Highway, Tumut, National Parks and the Snowy Mountains to the east
Batlow Road meets the Snowy Mountains Highway at a T-intersection, five kilometres west of Tumut.
From July 2015 to June 2020, there were three reported crashes at the intersection, including one fatal crash and two moderate injury crashes.
Transport for NSW understands there may have been more minor collisions or near-misses in this time that went unreported.
After the feedback period closes, we will carefully consider all comments to inform our next steps.
A community consultation report will be prepared, summarising matters raised and our responses. This will be made available on our website. We will keep you updated as the proposal progresses.
|July 2020 - Residents asked to have their say on Batlow Road intersection||40.96Kb|
For further information on this project please contact:
- Email: South.West.Projects@rms.nsw.gov.au
- Mail: Batlow Road safety improvements, PO Box 484, Wagga Wagga, NSW, 2650