Review of environmental factors
The Berry to Bomaderry upgrade has been assessed under Part 5 of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 (EP&A Act). A review of environmental factors was prepared which includes detailed information relating to all potential environmental, economic and social impacts associated with the upgrade and recommended measures to minimise any potential impacts identified.
You can view the review of environmental factors report on the project documents page.
In November 2013, Roads and Maritime Services displayed the review of environmental factors for the proposed Berry to Bomaderry upgrade and over 70 submissions were received from the community, interest groups and stakeholders.
Issues raised in the submissions have been addressed by Roads and Maritime and responses are provided in a submissions report which:
- Identifies the issues raised during the display of the review of environmental factors and provides responses to these issues.
- Describes changes made to the concept design to minimise environmental impacts or to address issues raised during the assessment process.
Roads and Maritime has carefully considered the feedback received and determined the REF. Roads and Maritime will make some changes to the concept road design as a result of the feedback from the community and stakeholders. These changes can be viewed in the householder letter .
Planning and decision making process
The entire process has community consultation running alongside. We are at stage 7 – Detailed design and land acquisition.
- Preferred option and preferred access options announced – 2009
- Draft concept design displayed for community comment – April 2012
- Refined concept design – March 2013
- Review of environmental factors display – November 2013
- Submissions Report - March 2014
- Project determination
- Detailed design and land acquistion