Roads and Maritime Services is planning the Spring Farm Parkway (Stage 1), a key east-west link to support the Greater Macarthur Growth Area.
Roads and Maritime consulted with the community about Spring Farm Parkway and asked for feedback on the concept design and Review of Environmental Factors (REF) in February/March 2019.
Submissions closed on Friday 29 March 2019.
Following consultation, a submissions report summarising comments received, and our responses, will be published here on the website. All feedback received will be considered in the decision-making process and for development of the detailed design.
If you made a submission during the consultation phase, you will receive an email or letter advising of any changes to the proposal as a result of feedback. A community update will also be distributed to advise the availability of the submissions report.
We will keep community members and other stakeholders informed of progress throughout delivery of the project.
- Preliminary site investigations
- Concept design
- Environmental assessment
- Community comments on concept design and Review of Environmental Factors - WE ARE HERE
- Submissions report
- Project determination
- Detailed design
- Start of construction - subject to project approval.
Spring Farm Parkway at Menangle Park would ultimately provide a connection between Camden Bypass, the Hume Motorway and Menangle Road to provide an east-west link that would service existing and future residential land releases and support the Greater Macarthur Growth Area.
Stage 1 of the Spring Farm Parkway would provide a new four lane divided road extending almost one kilometre. The Parkway would connect Menangle Road to the Hume Motorway and Spring Farm, Elderslie, and Menangle Park.
- Connect communities and cater for residential growth
- Provide a key east-west connection for residents of Macarthur
- Provide safe and efficient access to and from the Hume Motorway
- Improve travel time reliability and efficiency for road users
- Provide a safe and effective crossing for pedestrians and cyclists over the Hume Motorway to Broughton Anglican College
Stage 1 of Spring Farm Parkway includes:
- New four lane divided road extending about one kilometre from Menangle Road, west over the Hume Motorway to Menangle Park land release
- A shared-use path on the southern side of the Parkway to provide access to Broughton Anglican College
- Upgrade to Menangle Road at the Parkway
- Signalised intersections including:
- Spring Farm Parkway and Menangle Road
- North facing exit ramp from the Hume Motorway onto Spring Farm Parkway and Menangle Road
- North facing entry ramp from Spring Farm Parkway and Menangle Road to the Hume Motorway
- Access to the Menangle Park land release area.
For more information please contact the project team:
Phone: 1800 316 866