The NSW Government’s Bus Priority Infrastructure Program is improving the reliability and efficiency of bus services, while easing congestion for all road users.
OCT 2020Work to start on intersection improvements on 1 November
Work will start on intersection improvements at Stoney Creek Road and Kingsgrove Road in Kingsgrove from 1 November 2020 to April 2020. Transport for NSW is widening Stoney Creek Road between Croydon Road and Kingsgrove road and delivering a new left turn lane on Stoney Creek Road into Kingsgrove Road, installing new kerbs and gutters, as well as realigning the pedestrian crossing on Stoney Creek Road near Croydon Road.
MAR 2020Engagement report released
Transport for NSW (Transport) would like to thank everyone who gave us feedback on the Stoney Creek Road and Kingsgrove Road proposal during October and November 2019.More information
We have considered all of the feedback received and in light of this feedback, decided to proceed with the original proposal.
This feedback, along with our responses to it, are included in an Engagement Report (PDF, 1.50Mb).
Subscribe for updates
Transport is adding a dedicated left turn lane on Stoney Creek Road (eastbound) into Kingsgrove Road between Croydon Road and Kingsgrove Road. The planned intersection improvements would reduce delays for bus customers and motorists for this busy and congested intersection.
The intersection is along a key bus route between Hurstville and Macquarie Park (410 bus service). The 490 and 492 bus services also travel through this intersection. Currently about 40 buses travel through the intersection every hour during the peak period. There are also more than 3,400 vehicles that travel through the intersection every hour during peak periods.
The proposed improvements to the intersection aim to minimise delays and improve bus travel reliability through the intersection and include:
- A new dedicated left turn lane from Stoney Creek Road (eastbound) into Kingsgrove Road
- Property adjustment and acquisition along Stoney Creek Road and Kingsgrove Road adjacent to the Kingsgrove High School
- Removal of about 30 trees and shrubs from within the Kingsgrove High School
- Relocation of underground utilities
- Improved pedestrian facilities, including realignment of the existing footpath along the northern side of Stoney Creek Road into Kingsgrove Road.
Property impacts are:
- To add the new dedicated turn lane, road widening will require land acquisition of a strip up to 3.3 metres wide from within Kingsgrove High School
- About 30 trees and shrubs will be removed from within the widened area
- The existing school fence at this location would also be relocated
- Every effort will be made were possible to minimise the impact on the trees and shrubs. Replacement tree planting and landscaping will be carried out in consultation with the high school and council.
- Improve the reliability of bus services and journey times through the intersection
- Ease congestion and improve travel times for all road users particularly during peak periods
- Improve traffic safety by providing a dedicated left turn lane into Kingsgrove Road
- Improve efficiency of the intersection.
October 2020 community update
Start of work on intersection improvements on Stoney creek Road and Kingsgrove Road
March 2020 community update
Stoney Creek Road and Kingsgrove Road, Kingsgrove consultation update.
February 2020 engagement report
Stoney Creek Road and Kingsgrove Road, Kingsgrove intersection improvements engagement report.
October 2019 community update
Stoney Creek Road and Kingsgrove Road, Kingsgrove intersection improvements.
To find out more about this project:
Phone: 1800 575 250
Write: BPIP project team, PO Box 973, Parramatta NSW 2124.