The NSW Government is planning to upgrade the roads north of Sydney Airport to improve traffic flow and connections to the airport and Port Botany.
SEP 2020Updates and announcements
During September, we will be laying the final layer of new asphalt for the Airport North project. View or download the latest construction update (PDF, 424Kb) for more information.
Roads and Maritime Services is working closely with Sydney Airport as it finishes work to widen and improve Qantas Drive around the entrance and exit to the Domestic Terminal.
On 14 October 2017, Roads and Maritime made two major permanent traffic changes in this area to improve traffic flow into and out of the Domestic Terminal and for road users travelling along Qantas Drive and Joyce Drive.
- O’Riordan Street is now one-way southbound, south of Robey Street. This means there will be no entrance to O’Riordan Street from Joyce Drive or Qantas Drive.
- Robey Street is now one-way eastbound between Qantas Drive and O’Riordan Street. This means there will be no entrance to Robey Street from O’Riordan Street.
The map shown shows the changed traffic conditions that are now in place.
From Monday 16 October, the Route 305 inbound bus stop on O’Riordan Street near Robey Street will be closed and an alternative stop will be installed on Robey Street before O’Riordan Street, opposite the Stamford Plaza.
All road signs have been updated to reflect the changes.
View or download the Project Documents for more information about this project.
Sydney Airport and Port Botany are two of Australia’s most important international gateways. The roads around the airport and Port Botany are becoming increasingly congested and need to be upgraded.
Sydney Airport is building a new one-way road system through the T2/T3 domestic terminals to improve traffic flow in the airport.
Roads and Maritime Services is planning to reconfigure Robey Street and O’Riordan Street to accommodate upgrades to the Sydney Airport internal road network and help improve traffic flow around the airport.
The key features of the Airport North precinct proposal include:
- Converting the southern sections of Robey Street and O’Riordan Street into one-way roads
- Widening O’Riordan Street to provide six through lanes between Bourke Road and Robey Street
- Reconfiguring the existing traffic lights on O’Riordan Street between Qantas Drive and Bourke Road
- Upgrading the footpath on the eastern side of O’Riordan Street.
View or download the Airport North directional map.
For more information about this project, contact: