Abbotsford Wharf upgrade
The NSW Government upgraded Abbotsford Wharf as part of the Transport Access Program. The upgraded Abbotsford Wharf opened on Tuesday 5 June 2018.
Updates and announcements
The upgraded Abbotsford Wharf opened on Tuesday 5 June 2018. Customers can visit transportnsw.info or call Transport Info on 131 500 for timetable and service information. Thank you for your patience during construction of the upgraded wharf.
The upgraded Abbotsford Wharf opened on Tuesday 5 June 2018.
Customers can visit transportnsw.info or call Transport Info on 131 500 for timetable and service information.
Thank you for your patience during construction of the upgraded wharf.
The upgrade of Abbotsford Wharf is part of a wider program of transport improvements for the Parramatta River, including upgraded wharves, increased ferry services and procurement of four new ferries for the Parramatta River.
This program has already delivered new facilities at Neutral Bay, Rose Bay, Balmain (Thames Street), Huntleys Point, Cremorne Point, Mosman Bay, Drummoyne, Balmain East, Sydney Olympic Park, Pyrmont Bay, Meadowbank, McMahons Point, Cockatoo Island and Chiswick and Milsons Point.
The new Abbotsford wharf
The upgraded wharf is designed to provide customers with an improved public transport experience.
The upgraded wharf provides:
- protection from the wind, rain and sun
- improved seating and waiting areas
- improved access for mobility impaired customers and customers with prams
- quicker and more efficient ferry boarding and disembarking
- effective wayfinding signage
- new lighting.
Initial consultation for the Abbotsford Wharf Upgrade was carried out in 2015. The feedback received helped us to understand our customer’s views about the current facilities and priorities for improvement. Following consultation and feedback on the proposed concept design in May and June 2017, the proposed design was revised to include cover on the gangway and a new covered wharf entry.
The Review of Environmental Factors was on display for public feedback in October 2017. Roads and Maritime has prepared a report responding to all of the issues raised in submissions received.
View or download the Submissions report.
View or download:
- Community update - May 2018
- Alternative transport poster - January 2018
- Notification - January 2018
- Community Update - December 2017
- Abbotsford Wharf Submissions Report - December 2017
- Overview poster
- The upgraded wharf poster
- What to expect during construction poster
- Further information poster
- Abbotsford Wharf Review of Environmental Factors – September 2017
- Abbotsford Wharf Review of Environmental Factors Appendices – September 2017
- Review of Environmental Factors FactSheet Info - September 2017