Project 2 - Epping Road upgrade
The NSW Government funded this project through the Housing Acceleration Fund to improve traffic flow and reduce congestion to support population growth in Epping Town Centre.
Key features of the upgrade include:
- Widening the southern side of Epping Road by about 3.7 metres between Essex Street and Blaxland Road to provide an additional westbound lane. The additional westbound lane would function as a dedicated left turn lane into Blaxland Road
- Upgrading the Epping Road and Essex Street intersection including:
- Widening the north-eastern side of the intersection to provide an additional right turn lane onto Epping Road westbound. This would provide two marked right turn lanes and an unmarked shared left turn/through lane
- Providing new traffic light pedestrian crossings and pram ramps on all four approaches to the intersection
- Building a raised central median about 340 metres long on Epping Road between Essex Street and Blaxland Road
- Building a raised median about 20 metres long on Essex Street north of Epping Road intersection
- Removal of right turns into and out of Forest Grove and Smith streets
- Removal of the right turn from Langston Place onto Epping Road westbound
- Removal of the right turn from Epping Road into Essex Street in both directions
- Providing a left turn lane from Essex Street onto Epping Road westbound.
We sought comments from the community and stakeholders on the proposal in August and December 2014. The feedback received was considered in the preparation of the Review of Environmental Factors.
A Community Consultation Report which summarises the feedback and our responses are available from our delivery partner GHD.
The Review of Environmental Factors was placed on public display for the proposed widening of Epping Road between Essex Street and Blaxland Road (Project 2).
We would like to thank everyone who took time to consider our proposal and provide feedback. No changes to the proposal design have been made following display of the REF. However, additional mitigation measures and safeguards have been added to minimise any impacts. A Community Consultation Report summarising comments and responses for the proposed widening of Epping Road between Essex Street and Blaxland Road was released in September 2016.
The Addendum Review of Environmental factors (REF) was placed on public display in March 2018 and we sought feedback from the community on a proposal to increase the number of night work shifts on Epping Road between Blaxland Road and Essex Street in Epping to enable us to complete the project before the Sydney Metro Northwest construction work. We would like to thank everyone who took the time to consider our proposal and provide feedback. We have prepared an Addendum REF Submission Report, which summarises the feedback received and our responses.