Macquarie Park Bus Priority and Capacity Improvements
Transport for NSW and Roads and Maritime Services are improving the road network in Macquarie Park as part of the Bus Priority Infrastructure Program, which aims to increase the reliability and efficiency of bus services, while easing congestion for all road users.
Macquarie Park is a rapidly growing residential, commercial and shopping district, needing long-term bus and road improvements to support the area’s future growth. We are carrying out road and intersection upgrades to improve the reliability and efficiency of bus services, while easing congestion and improving traffic flow for all road users in the area.
This project is delivered as part of the Bus Priority Infrastructure Program. Roads and Maritime is completing the works in two stages.
Stage 1 of the Macquarie Park Bus Priority and Capacity Improvement project is complete. The road upgrades are now in place to provide some much needed capacity improvement and easing of congestion for all road users and to also support the additional buses travelling through the area as part of the Station Link scheme.
Stage 2 of the project is currently in the planning stage. After the Sydney Metro opens in 2019, the Stage 2 road and intersection upgrades would be carried out. This work would provide long-term improvements for buses, general traffic and pedestrians. The upgrades to the road network will reduce congestion and improve access for all road users.
- Safer, efficient and more reliable travel times through the Macquarie Park area for buses and all road users.
- Improved road network capacity and support for existing traffic movements, including growth of traffic within and around Macquarie Park into the future.
- Improved pedestrian safety and access.
- Short-term support for the additional buses as part of Station Link during the Epping to Chatswood rail line upgrade.
- Long-term ongoing benefits for key bus corridors and local bus services through improved and upgraded bus priority infrastructure.
View or download
|Site compound notice||192Kb|
|February 2018 community update||1.96Mb|
|Stage 1 Start of work Nov 2017||405Kb|
|October 2017 project update||2.02Mb|
|October 2017 submissions report||14.9Mb|
|June 2017 community update||469Kb|
|May 2017 community update||4.15Mb|
|March 2017 Review of Environmental Factors (REF)||19.5Mb|
|Review of Environmental Factors (REF) Appendices||64.2Mb|